Thursday, November 13, 2008

A death in the family

Kate woke up this morning and told me that she thought there was something wrong with Spotty. She was right, Spotty the Frog passed away this morning. It was a sad day for the kids. Kate and Emma took it especially hard. Ryne kept saying he guessed he and Garett (a buddy of his) would have to find something else to play. Here's to you Spotty, you loved to jump on Nikki's head and freak her out, you scared just about every small child who thought they might want to hold you, you always peed on anyone who chose to pick you up, you loved to be behind the wheel of the Speed racer car. Buggy, the kids will miss you.


Spotty the Frog
Dec. 2007-Nov. 2008

12 comments:

kitkatkatie said...

Hi, mom. Your right, it's sad. But I LOVE the pictures. By.Kate.

Matt said...

Spotty, we hardly knew ye! I must admit, I tried to avoid you for your tendency to pee on anyone surely disgusted me. However, you brought joy and happiness to our home and I loved you from a safe distance. Rest in peace, dear frog!

Joel said...

A sad day indeed. Spotty, I never knew you existed, but I'm sad to see you go all the same.

garbage goat said...

Pour out some liquor for Spotty. In the words of Tupac, "we both had ta die but you chose to go befoe me."

Maybe Emma or Kate can get a Spotty RIP tattoo..temporary tattoo?

Gigi said...

That's always a big bummer! When we put Saddie to sleep we all cried for 2 months. Tell the kids we are excited to see them at Thanksgiving.

Beth said...

1. I like how you said "the kids will miss you." What about the adults?

2. I'm glad you have Christmas music on. It never feels like the holidays here while it's 70 degrees, but I want to get in the holiday mood!

Sarah said...

Well, less crickets to buy, right?

Kristin said...

Sad day indeed.......
I must say on those two special nights I was honored to share the room with Spotty I was terrified he or his buddy would find a way out of their little home right into my bed....most likely on my face, possibly chasing down a cockroach :)
May he happily hop in peace!

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bj said...

So sorry for your loss. The passing of a dear loved one can be hard on everyone. I hope you are all coping well.

We will be heading back through Vegas on the 29th or 30th. We haven't really decided yet. Just need to be back in Tucson before work on Monday morning.

David and Colleen said...

R.I.P Spotty :) Sorry about the passing my condolences to you all :)
Will there be a service for him?
I love the pictures of spotty.

mom/diane said...

I will never forget Spotty on Kate's head. Hopefully he has found another head to enjoy.