Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy Anniversary


Today is a big day it is my parent's anniversary. What can I say about my parents they are the greatest. I will share five fun facts about my mom and dad:

Mom:
1. My mom has one arm that is shorter than the other because she broke it so many times when she was a little girl.
2. She doesn't care much for music, but she does love Roy Orbison.
3. She is a history buff and an avid reader, she is great to have on your team in a trivial pursuit game.
4. She loves animals (although she may argue that) as far as I can remember we have had 5 dogs, 3 cats, countless fish and lizards/newts, and 1 turtle.
5. She is the youngest of 7 kids and she was a full fledged tomboy (see #1).

Dad:
1. My dad firmly believes that "daddy long legs don't go to the bathroom they just get really bad stomache ache's and die."
2. When my dad was a little boy his brother John hit him in the head with a 2x4.
3. He is a great story teller, he made up a whole series for us when we were little one about a little frog that could run fast and one about a little frog who gets to put the star on top of the Christmas tree, my kids love these stories.
4. Every summer he would have a baseball card game series with the kids in our neighborhood.
5. He loves music and has atleast 50 Al's all time greatest hits tapes (see mom#2, good times).

As you can see I have some great parents and growing up Fosse style was awesome. I love you mom and dad! Happy Anniversary!!!!

3 comments:

garbage goat said...

The froggy stories are frighteningly similar to the stories Dwight Schrute tells the kids on "The Office," which you could be watching right now if you were to send out some Dance Dance mats.

I actually tell the froggy stories to Wynn.

Matt said...

Congratulations to Marie and Al. You guys are awesome!

Anonymous said...

HA! HA! Nice post flea. I laughed and laughed. Damn I hope you guys move to Vegas so we can see you more often.