Sunday, September 7, 2008

It's Great to be Eight



I am a day late, yesterday was Kate's 8th birthday. We got to be with lots of family in Utah where Kate and her "twin" cousin Cami were baptized. Kate and Cami were born on the same day, one is Texas and one in New Jersey, just a few minutes apart. Here are 8 things that I love about Kate:

1. Kate is a pack rat her room is piled high with papers, drawings and all manner of stuff that I am forced to throw away while she is at school.

2. She is a very nice girl, she tries to always include people it makes her very sad to see someone left out. This includes her brother and sister.

3. Kate likes to test the boundaries, she especially likes to do this with four-letter words that she has heard. Always fun!

4. Kate is a great friend, I swear the girl gets more phone calls in one day than Matt and I get in a week.

5. Kate hates the sight of blood it evokes in her screams the likes of which I have never heard.

6. Kate is very allergic to all hairy creatures she also loves every animal she has ever come across. She tells me all the time that when she grows out of her allergies she is going to be a vetrinarian and a farmer.

7. She makes me laugh!

8. Kate tries her hardest to be good. With today being fast Sunday and she a newly baptized member of our church, I invited her to fast with Matt and me. She told me that she didn't think she would because she was very hungry, after a few minutes she told me she had thought about it and she would fast. She's a good girl and I am so happy to have her in our family

Happy Birthday Katie we love you!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Kate! Congratulations on your baptism wish we could be there, you are setting a great example!

Matt said...

Way to go, Kate. We love you. Nice work on the slideshow, Leah.

mom/diane said...

What a great day...it was wonderful to spend Kate's 8th birthday with her.

Babcocks said...

We loved seeing you and visiting for a little while. Your hair cut looks great!. Heppy birthday and It was fun to see you guys.

David and Colleen said...

I love those pictures of Kate and all the nice things you say about your kids :P You are missed here!

Amelia said...

Conratulations, Kate! Welcome to the cool kids club.