Monday, June 2, 2008

Ryne's Reprimand

I'd like you all to meet my son Ryne. Ryne is a typical boy in a house full of girls, he often thinks he gets the short end of the stick. So here's my story: The other day while driving home from school I slammed on my breaks to avoid hitting a dumb bike riding child (who chose to turn her bike directly in front of my van) and in the process Kate dumped her bottle of water in my purse. So a couple of days later the twins and I were at the store and I was shopping for a new purse. Ryne says to me "what are you getting?" I respond, "I have to get a new purse my other one got ruined." There is no response here and I can tell Ryne is thinking about something. A little while later Ryne says, "Do you like to buy new stuff for yourself?" I say, "Sometimes." Ryne says, "I like to get new stuff too, but I never get to because you always spend our money on stuff for you!" Ouch, but seriously folks I'm not much of a shopper and he gets plenty.

8 comments:

monica said...

Yeah, Leah, you're so selfish. Stop buying so much stuff for yourself. Oh, little boys. Love them. So honest.

Matt said...

Good stuff. I can attest that Leah buys very little for herself!

Amelia said...

Ryne's awesome! I mean, does he know his mom or what? And, it looks like he also got the classic Leah in-your-face honesty too. :) I kid because I love, Leah. I kid because I love.

Sarah said...

I'm sure every child thinks it, but only few are brave enough to speak their mind.

Babcocks said...

That is defantly an observant kid!

Anonymous said...

Poor Ryne! You should have asked him if he wanted a new purse too :)

Ryan and Maria said...

Poor little boy, doesn't stand a chance....

Jared T said...

The truth hurts Leah!! Boy POWER! Jared