Friday, July 25, 2008

I always want to be with my own family and the Lord has shown me how I can

Do you ever have those days, you know the one I mean where you wake up and you know something is wrong. There is that sick feeling in your stomach, but you can't remember what it is that is bothering you, and so against your better judgement you force your self to remember. You go over the events of your day and check it off as you do and then you remember. So I have been sad these last few days, quick to tears and quick to hug and love my children. Recently I read this post and my heart truly felt like it was breaking into pieces. It brought back the painful memories of losing our own little baby, Calvin Jonah. I then stumbled upon this blog and again my heart broke. What a sad time for these families, how I wish I could say what they need to hear hug them when they need to cry tell them how very sorry I am and how sad I feel. Instead I will say how grateful I feel to have the gospel and the knowledge that families will be reunited and be able to live together again. This isn't something that I just casually believe or hope is true, this is something that I know to be true, something that I cling to each day, and something that brings me great joy. When I read about these sweet families I was reminded of the scripture in Mosiah 18:9 we are told to be "willing to mourn with those who mourn; yea, and comfort those who stand in need of comfort." I am so grateful for our friends, loved ones and even acquaintances who have given us so much comfort, love and kindness.

5 comments:

Paige said...

SAD, I just clicked on your links and it's they are sad. Sure makes you appreciate what you have (and lock the pool gate).

Grancy said...

That link about Camille was sad but so inspiring. What a lovely woman. Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry you've been sad. I hope it gets better soon. I can't imagine going through terrible trials without the knowledge we have and the comfort the gospel brings. xo

Kristin said...

Hey Leah!
Just sending a ((((hug))).....life is hard! As I was looking at those blogs I thought it was so great to have an outlet like a blog to post your thoughts and deepest sorrows through a trial like those......hopefully it will lessen the amount of times they need to tell the story, yet still express themselves in the quiet more composed moments in private...sure wish I'd had a place like that way back when my girls were born.....I sure am grateful for our knowledge that families can be forever :)

Matt said...

I hadn't seen this post until this morning. I want you to know how much I love you and how much happiness you bring to me and to our family. You are my very best friend. I love you.

TulsaT said...

Leah,

I have been thinking about you alot lately, actually you were in my dream last night.

I have also been following the daily scoop blog. Makes me greatful everyday for what I do have, not what I don't.

Were you able to get the kids in the same class? see you soon!