Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'd give it a 10


Today is a big day, Matt and I have been married for 10 years. With that in mind I thought I'd list 10 reasons I know Matt is the right guy for me:

1. Matt knows my need to be in control especially when the car is involved, so he whenever we leave the house he climbs into the passenger seat. Also, he makes the phone calls. I hate to make calls and Matt willingly does that for me.

2. I always wanted to have children with brown eyes, thank to Matt I have that.

3. Reading is very important to me, I love to read, I love to discuss books, and I want my kids to have a love of reading. On our first date Matt discussed books with me, I think I knew then. Now, I know I know it, when I watch him read Harry Potter every night to our kids. He even pushed through it yesterday when the chemo made his tongue go numb and he developed a lisp. Ha Ha good times, the kids couldn't stop laughing.

4. Matt is someone who gets the job done. Even if it's something he doesn't enjoy he sticks with it. I think of this every other Wednesday when I watch him head out the door for his chemotherapy. It's crappy but he does it and to top it off he doesn't complain.



5. Matt thinks I'm funny (can you believe it) and what's more he think my family is hillarious. He likes to be around my family, that's pretty cool.

6. Matt is a great provider, the man works very hard to see to it that we are being well cared for.


7. Matt believes that I'm not fat (please don't tell him the truth I'd hate to destroy the illusion).


8. Matt is fun and funny. The man makes me laugh, and he laughs all the time. It is crazy to him that I don't laugh out loud unless I find something to be hysterical. Matt laughs loud and hard at anything.


9. He's nice, probably one of the nicest people I know. He is compassionate, when the kids need that extra boost of understanding they go to Matt. His children love him very much and that is plain to see.


10. He is a good example of the unconditional love for his family (parents, siblings, in-laws, nieces and nephews, grandparents, wife and children friends) and the gospel.


I picked a good one. Happy anniversary Matt, I love you.


10 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy 10th guys...and some doubted you'd make it this far....heehee! Super cute family you have, you are blessed to have one another as I think you are both pretty darn fantastic!

Matt said...

Thanks, sweetheart. You're the best and I knew it when I realized the only person I wanted to see after classes at BYU was YOU! I feel the same way today. I can't wait to get home each day and see you and the kids. I love you!

I'll be posting later today, once I can get on the computer with all the pictures!

Beth said...

11. You both like trivia games and are pretty good at them!

Just think, next week on the 21st, you'll be able to celebrate the anniversary of your Lawrence reception.

TulsaT said...

What a wonderful post!

You have such a great family!

Joel said...

Happy Anniversary guys! Thanks for being (together) a part of our family!

miss aubrey said...

Hey, Leah this is terri on aubreys blog. So happy to see a pic of you and your beautiful family. I know they are lucky to have you. I certainly know you NEVER had to yell at my kids...I think I was paying you too much to yell!! Ha Ha. You know I credit you and kirsten with my bravery in having a third child! We are all sending you tons of love!!!

Aubrey, Courtney, tara Dan and I love you!!

mom/diane said...

I am happy you are part of our family. It has been a great 10 years watching you and Matt grow together. Hope you got our card.

Karen S said...

Congratulations guys. We're one year to the day behind you. Nice tribute Leah. Matt's a good guy.

garbage goat said...

#12. His skin is like rich smooth Corinthian leather, and he smells of evergreen and musk.

David and Colleen said...

Very nice... we miss y'all!!