Sunday, January 25, 2009

M-I-C-K-E-Y

Guess what we did? We went to Disneyland this weekend. We promised the kids that we would go when we moved here, but then one life threatening illness after another and we still hadn't gone. So, the kids had Friday off from school and we decided it was time. It rained pretty much the entire time we were at Disneyland but it kept the lines short and we had so much fun. Ryne wasn't sure he was having a great time on all of the rides and tried to convince us that it was time to go home. I think he got the amusement park stink gene from Gran. On Saturday we went to the beach. When we woke up it was pouring rain but, by the time we made it to the beach the sun was out and it was lovely. This is the first time that my kids had ever been to the ocean. The waves took them out a couple of times and we saw a dead pelican on the beach, they loved it. Kate and Ryne thought the beach was even better than Disneyland. In fact Kate found a house across the street from Huntington Beach and can't believe we won't buy it. It was a great weekend!

6 comments:

Beth said...

You should definitely buy the house, guys. Does Matt feel better about missing Disneyland when he was on his mission now that he got to go?

Karen S said...

How fun. I love Disneyland. We've done Disneyland in the rain too- it was a little crappy, but like you said, kept the lines short.

Kristin said...

You guys deserved that trip, glad you got to go!!!

Christy said...

Drew has the same gene that Gran suffers from and I'm not sure we'll ever go. I love amusement parks. Can't wait to come down this weekend...hopefully you remembered and I'm not breaking the news to you now. Sorry if that's the case.

TulsaT said...

What a wonderful trip. I am sure it was great. Now my kids keep asking when are we going. So thanks for setting the bar that high.

Sarah said...

I am so freaking jealous!!! I keep trying to convince Fax that we need to do that with our kids. For Fax who grew up in LA, Disneyland isn't that big of a temptation. I'm glad you guys had fun!