Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Big Shout Out to the Ottawa Ward

O - one of a kind
T - thoughtful
T - truly a blessing
A - Amazing
W - Wacky & fun
A - always a good time

W - willing to help
A - A great ward
R - really great friends
D - DYNOMITE!!

I have been in the process of writing this post for a number of days now, but it's been hard, how do you properly express your gratitude? I don't know either but here goes. Have you ever been in a ward that truly felt like family. The ward we left in Kansas was that kind of ward. We had such a hard time leaving our friends there. Shortly after we got to Las Vegas I was driving to Wal Mart and crying because I knew I wouldn't bump into any of them at the store. It was pretty much a given I would see one of my ward family members at Wal Mart. Sounds silly I know, but this is such a great ward. Friday when I got the mail, there was a card in it from our Ottawa ward, expressing their wish to help us during Matt's illness. They sent us restaurant gift cards and money for meals, beacuse as they said they couldn't bring us meals so this was how they wanted to help. I can't express how much that meant to us. You guys are the best and we love you all. Thanks our Ottawa Ward Family!

No comments: