Wednesday, May 14, 2008

When upon life's billows

I was thinking that it is time to count my blessings:

1. Matt is home from the hospital and doing well. Yeah!!

2. We have wonderful family and friends so eager and willing to help us out, those who came: Sarah, Chris, Diane, Mom, Gretchen and Dad. Those who called emailed and sent cards and well wishes: all of our brothers and sisters and dear friends. You guys are the best we love you all.

3. The power of prayer and the priesthood. What great comfort that brought us.

4. Three great kids who make life fun.

5. Public school for when those great kids weren't making life fun.

6. Papa Al who delighted my children when they painted his toenails while he "slept"

7. Having a Mother's Day with my mom, I haven't had that for atleast 10 years.

8. My children and the effort they put forth to make sure the I had a nice Mother's day even though Matt wasn't around.




They made the signs out of paper towels
9. The beautiful weather, when all else fails sit in the sun!

10. A ward that doesn't even know us has stepped up and has not ceased to help in every way they can.

11. Cars, as many times as we had to go back and forth from the school and the hospital I became acutely aware of how blessed we are to have not one but two cars, it would have been very difficult to go where I needed to go on foot.

12.Matt's job, who have been so understanding and continue to pay us even though Matt has not been there in a while.
13. Doctors who knew what to look for and take care of the problems they found in poor Matt.
14. A sweet husband, who in the midst of all that was happening to him was more concerned for us at home.
15. And back to #1 Matt is home, YEAH!!
We have been very blessed and are so grateful. Thanks again to all of you who have kept our family in your thoughts and prayers.

7 comments:

Crystal C said...

Leah you are truely a great person. I loved the list I decided I need to do the same. Thanks girl.

Beth said...

I've tried calling you guys but I don't know if I have the right numbers. If you haven't gotten any messages from me, would you email me your phone numbers? Thanks!

You guys are amazing. I'm glad Matt is home again. Also, I love how Ryne has that box of MikeNIkes in every picture.

I wish we lived closer to you!

Matt said...

You are the best, Leah. I'm so happy to be back home and with you!

Amanda said...

We are so glad to hear that Matt is home. You are a trooper. We miss you guys so much!

Ryan and Maria said...

YEA, that is fabulous news!!!! We miss you all!

monica said...

congrats leah and matt. looks like it will all be "easy" hear on out. you've been through the worst of it. how do the kids like their school? you are amazing leah!

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.