Tuesday, January 22, 2008

from the mouths of babes

Meet Emma, she is my middle child. I have always felt that Emma and I had a deep connection a bond if you will. We understand each other, have each other's backs. So you will understand my surprise this Sunday when I sat down in the van to drive to church and this is what I heard my Emma say, "Mom why don't you look pretty today? You're not even wearing anything pretty!" Ouch, but funny all the same, it gave me a good laugh during our 30 minute drive. You gotta love Emma.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I'm glad someone's keeping you in line. Pretty soon she'll sign you up for What Not to Wear.

Wendy said...

That's hilarious. Even though it comes from your lovely child and you know she loves you you can't help but be just a little offended. That's on the same lines as when my son told me he wanted a new mom cause I'm so old. Ouch.

Brittany said...

Ha ha ha...I laughed!! Sorry, but coming from Emma thats a shock. Personally I think you always look pretty!