Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Viva Las Vegas

Well, we have some fun news. Matt has been offered and had accepted a job in Las Vegas. He begins on Feb. 1 and we will be heading out sometime after that. We are excited and also sad. We love Edgerton and we love the Ottawa ward and all of the dear friends we have made here. Kate and Ryne are excited although they are going to miss their Grandma and Grandpa, their their school/teachers and all of their friends. Emma is a little happy and a lot sad, we had much crying last night because she doesn't want to leave her best friend Izzy (and all that is listed above). We were able to appease her a little with the reminder that her cousins Aunts Uncles Gran and Papa Al will all be very close and so will DISNEYLAND. She really liked hearing that. We know that this is the right decision but that doesn't make the leaving any easier. We love you our Kansas family and friends who have become family. This is an open invite to anyone who wants to visit Vegas, please come and stay with us.

12 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations! You can be friends with the oldest Haycock, Norma. She's lived in Vegas for like 12 years or something and loves it. At least you're moving there before summertime hits, or else I'm worried you might have second thoughts...

Leah said...

I love the heat, I think we'll survive. Where in Las Vegas does she live?

Jen Lynn said...

NO WAY!!!! I had no idea. That is awesome!!!!!

Leah said...

Yeah pretty fun huh?!

Christy said...

Congrats!! We can't wait to come visit.

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!!! We'll come visit you in the winter, and you can visit us in the summer!

Leah said...

Sounds good to me.

Christy said...

Las Vegas will be fun...and hot! We usually make a trip there at least once a year, so we might have to swing by and say hello. Good luck with the move.

Laura said...

Hey girl. Long time no hear. It's me Laura DeVroom-Luce. I located your blog and I just had to write you a note and let you know that I'm still alive and well. It was great reading up on your doings and seeing pictures of your cute family. Please keep in touch. You can write me at jakeandlou@gmail.com or see my blog at lucescrews.blogspot.com
I'd love to hear from ya.
Laura

Kim said...

How fun for you guys! I will totally miss you Leah! You're going to love Nevada :)

monica said...

leah, that's great news. it's hard moving, but you guys will love Vegas. I lived there for four years before we moved to danville when I was 16. my sister norma lives there, and has two kids, sofia and wyatt, so you guys already have friends there. let me know if you need help finding a house. congratulations! we'll come and visit soon!

Leah said...

Thanks Monica, I can't wait to see you guys.